“Sustainable human development through provision of basic services like education, health, water, sanitation, hygiene promotion, livelihood and income generating vocational training leading to poverty alleviation and socio-economic development”
BARAN aims “to empower people with disabilities, their families and communities regardless of cast, colour, creed, religion, gender, age, type and cause of disability through raising awareness, promoting inclusion, reducing poverty, eliminating stigma, meeting basic needs and facilitating access to health, education and livelihood opportunities”.
More, specifically BARAN Organization Aims to,
- Reduce poverty, given that poverty is a key determinant and outcome of disability;
- Promoting community involvement and ownership;
- Build the capacity of communities and ensuring disability issues are mainstreamed into the development sector
- Developing and strengthening of multisectoral collaboration;
- Education and training of family members to support and assist people with disabilities;
- Provision of information about services available within the community, and linking people with disabilities and their families with these services via referral and follow-up;
- Advocating for improved accessibility and inclusion of people with disabilities by making contact with health centers, schools and workplaces;
- Involving disabled people’s organizations in their programmes;
- Raising awareness in the community about disability to encourage the inclusion of disabled people in family and community life.